About ASD and DD Programs
The FLLAC ASD/DD Programs include the PDD/ Autism Program and the Developmental Disabilities Program. The programs are located in public school classrooms within FLLAC’s member districts.
Program MissionLink name
It is our ambition to teach each student the language skills, personal independence and self-guidance necessary to be successfully included in the mainstream public school classroom.
Individualized ProgramsLink name
The classrooms provide individual student support, as needed, to promote progress toward grade level academic performance.
We offer highly individualized programs supported by Occupational, Physical, and Speech Therapies embedded in the classrooms. Behavioral consultation is provided by experienced and appropriately certified consultants.
The services of a social worker, a music therapist and a vocational specialist are also available to students.
Classroom AccomodationsLink name
The ASD and DD Classrooms provide:
- Highly structured learning environment
- Clear and consistent limit setting
- Individual and small group instruction
- High rate of feedback for students with intensive adult support
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) strategies used throughout the day
- Principles of TEACCH used in all classrooms
- Visual supports for all language learners
- Social stories used to reinforce appropriate social behavior
- Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) used to study interfering behaviors
- Behavior support plans developed to address interfering behaviors
- Assistive technology to support access to the general curriculum
- Augmentative Communication strategies and devices used to support language
DD Program info here